Curbside Service to End December 12
***Placing holds on CLPL materials is on pause 12/11-16. Holds can be placed starting 12/17 for pick up at CLPL in the spring!***
Watch for notification that your materials are ready for pick up. The last pick up appointments will be held from 10 am-2 pm Saturday, Dec. 12!
Curbside service will cease at the end of the day, Saturday, Dec. 12.
The Library building will be closed for several weeks while repair work is conducted. (Our eLibrary will be open 24/7 and the Library will continue to offer virtual programs).
Patrons may visit neighboring libraries to borrow physical materials while the Crystal Lake Public Library building is closed. Public libraries in Illinois have a reciprocal borrowing agreement. However, due to COVID-19, we recommend patrons check neighboring libraries’ status and current borrowing guidelines before venturing out.
Curbside Delivery Service Hours (through 12/12/2020):
10 am-2 pm….. Monday, Wednesday, Saturday
3-7 pm………….. Tuesday and Thursday
Goal: Safe Circulation of Crystal Lake Public Library Materials
Curbside Service Guidelines:
• Available to CLPL cardholders only.
• Limited to materials available at the Crystal Lake Public Library. Sharing materials and loaning between libraries remains shut down.
Curbside Service Process:
• Patrons should place holds through the Library catalog. If needed, patrons can contact the CLPL Call Center at 815.459.1687, x5 for selection help.
• When their materials are ready for pickup, patrons will be notified to schedule a pickup time using SignUpGenius or by calling the CLPL Call Center at 815.459.1687, 5.
• At scheduled time, patrons will wait in designated spots in the parking lot. Use the Paddock Street entrance to enter the parking lot.
• Library staff, wearing protective gear, will place the bag of materials in patron’s car trunk or set on ground while observing social distancing guidelines.
• Masks and social distancing will be required for the safety of all.