Home » COVID-19 Resources and Information
COVID-19 Resources and Information
- City of Crystal Lake COVID-19 Information Hub – updates from the City of Crystal Lake, resources for small businesses, guides to special shopping hours and restaurant service options in Crystal Lake
- Coronavirus Hotline from the IL Department of Public Health – dial 1-800-889-3931 for assistance with all COVID-19 related questions from the Illinois Department of Public Health
- Illinois Department of Employment Security
- McHenry County Department of Health‘s COVID-19 page includes up-to-date information on cases throughout the county and a list of resources for health care, testing, and other community assistance.
- People in Need Forum 2022 Resource Directory – a directory for local resources including advocacy, food support, government agencies, housing, mental health, substance abuse, veterans, seniors, youth, and children.
- 2022 Libros de Recursos
- Coronavirus Resource Page from Representative Underwood includes a community resource guide with basic information on symptoms, prevention, and risk factors, as well as links to other important information and services.
- Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce – COVID-19 updates for businesses
- Dial 2-1-1 for the McHenry County Community Help Line or (888) 865-9903 – United Way’s 24/7 call center will provide a connection to an appropriate social service agency or nonprofit organization.
- Call Salvation Army – Crystal Lake 815-455-2769 for emergency financial assistance.
- Call Centegra Crisis Services 1-800-892-8900 for help with mental health emergencies.
- Senior Services Associates – dial 815-356-7457 for assistance with food, transportation, household cleaning supplies, personal hygiene items, or prescriptions
- Senior Care Volunteer Network– dial 815-455-3120, then press 1 and leave a message if over 60 and need assistance with access to food and supplies.
Employment & Insurance
- Illinois Department of Employment Security – information on Unemployment Insurance
- Indeed.com – COVID-19 job resources and advice for those whose jobs are affected by COVID-19
- U.S. Department of Labor – Learn about the Family Medical Leave Act
- Canterbury School Food Pantry is open 24/7 in a white shed behind the school.
- Crystal Lake Food Pantry is open regular hours and offers curbside pick-up. For more information, see the Crystal Lake Food Pantry Stay-at-Home FAQ
- Mobile Food Pantry Calendar (scroll to McHenry County)
- Salvation Army – Crystal Lake drive-up for bread and pastries only open Monday-Friday 8:30am-4pm.
- Access from AT&T internet service for $5 or $10/month (plus tax), based on speed
- Internet Essentials from Comcast internet service for $9.95/month (plus tax)
- Xfinity has local wifi hotspots for all to use.
- Crystal Lake Public Library offers free WiFi internet service in our parking lot. Park in the lot and use the service. The WiFi broadcasts publicly as CLPLWIFI. No login or password required.
- The McHenry County Mental Health Board offers resources for mental health & substance abuse and phone numbers of local agencies
Utilities and Rent
- The Illinois Rental Payment Program website features information on additional rent assistance programs.
- Find local programs to help with rent and utilities with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Look-Up Tool.
- Eviction Help Illinois is a new program that offers free legal help for IL residence facing potential eviction, or landlords not represented by a lawyer.
- ComEd and Nicor both offer assistance programs to help customers in need.
Information on loans, grants, and Coronavirus relief funds:
- Coronavirus.gov – Supporting Small Businesses
- Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity
- U.S. Small Business Administration:
Online Resource Centers
Safety, health guidelines, ongoing education, and more:
- America’s Small Business Development Center – COVID-19 Small Business Resources
- SCORE – Small Business Resilience Hub
- Chamber of Commerce – Coronavirus Small Business Issues and Solutions Guide
- Small Business Majority – COVID-19 Resources
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce – Coronavirus Small Business Survival Guide
- Main Street America – COVID-19 resources & support for business communities
General COVID-19 & Coronavirus Information
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) — Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- USA.gov – Government Response to Coronavirus, COVID-19