Home » COVID-19 Resources and Information
COVID-19 Resources and Information
- City of Crystal Lake COVID-19 Information Hub – updates from the City of Crystal Lake, resources for small businesses, guides to special shopping hours and restaurant service options in Crystal Lake
- Coronavirus Hotline from the IL Department of Public Health – dial 1-800-889-3931 for assistance with all COVID-19 related questions from the Illinois Department of Public Health
- Illinois Department of Employment Security
- McHenry County Department of Health‘s COVID-19 page includes up-to-date information on cases throughout the county and a list of resources for health care, testing, and other community assistance.
- People in Need Forum 2023 Resource Directory – a directory for local resources including advocacy, food support, government agencies, housing, mental health, substance abuse, veterans, seniors, youth, and children.
- 2023 Libros de Recursos
- Coronavirus Resource Page from Representative Underwood includes a community resource guide with basic information on symptoms, prevention, and risk factors, as well as links to other important information and services.
- Dial 2-1-1 for the McHenry County Community Help Line or (888) 865-9903 – United Way’s 24/7 call center will provide a connection to an appropriate social service agency or nonprofit organization.
- Call Salvation Army – Crystal Lake 815-455-2769 for emergency financial assistance.
- Call Centegra Crisis Services 1-800-892-8900 for help with mental health emergencies.
- Senior Services Associates – dial 815-356-7457 for assistance with food, transportation, household cleaning supplies, personal hygiene items, or prescriptions
- Senior Care Volunteer Network– dial 815-455-3120, then press 1 and leave a message if over 60 and need assistance with access to food and supplies.
Employment & Insurance
- Illinois Department of Employment Security – information on Unemployment Insurance
- Indeed.com – COVID-19 job resources and advice for those whose jobs are affected by COVID-19
- U.S. Department of Labor – Learn about the Family Medical Leave Act
- Crystal Lake Food Pantry is open regular hours and offers curbside pick-up. For more information, see the Crystal Lake Food Pantry Stay-at-Home FAQ
- The Woodstock Public Library’s community-supported food pantry is located in the library foyer.
- Access from AT&T internet service for $5 or $10/month (plus tax), based on speed
- Internet Essentials from Comcast internet service for $9.95/month (plus tax)
- Xfinity has local wifi hotspots for all to use.
- Crystal Lake Public Library offers free WiFi internet service. The WiFi broadcasts publicly as CLPLWIFI. No login or password required.
- The McHenry County Mental Health Board offers resources for mental health & substance abuse and phone numbers of local agencies
Utilities and Rent
- The Illinois Rental Payment Program website features information on additional rent assistance programs.
- Find local programs to help with rent and utilities with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Look-Up Tool.
- Eviction Help Illinois is a new program that offers free legal help for IL residence facing potential eviction, or landlords not represented by a lawyer.
- ComEd and Nicor both offer assistance programs to help customers in need.
Information on loans, grants, and Coronavirus relief funds:
- Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity
- U.S. Small Business Administration:
Online Resource Centers
Safety, health guidelines, ongoing education, and more:
- SCORE – Small Business Resilience Hub
- Chamber of Commerce – Coronavirus Small Business Issues and Solutions Guide
- Small Business Majority – COVID-19 Resources
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce – Coronavirus Small Business Survival Guide
- Main Street America – COVID-19 resources & support for business communities
General COVID-19 & Coronavirus Information
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) — Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- USA.gov – Government Response to Coronavirus, COVID-19