Kids Books & Reading
CLPL Book Discussion Groups
Bluestem Book Club
- Read and discuss books from the annual Bluestem Book Award nominee list. Participants vote to choose what we read.
- Kids in grades 3-5
- Meets weekly in June and July on Zoom
Caudill Book Club
- Read and discuss books from the annual Rebecca Caudill Young Readers’ Book Award nominee list. Participants vote to choose what we read.
- Kids in grades 4-8
- Meets monthly, starting in October. on Zoom
Early Readers Book Club
- Fall in love with reading! Read fun books, have a snack, then make a craft or play a game.
- Kids in grades K-2
- Meets monthly (currently on hold)
1000 Books Before Kindergarten – year-round
Summer Reading Program – June – August
Winter Reading Program – January – March
Booklists – staff suggestions on a variety of topics for a variety of ages
Award Winners and Nominees– includes state awards (like Caudill) and national awards (like Caldecott)
CLPL Youth Staff Recommendations – watch Youth Services staff members share books that they have read and enjoyed
Need help finding your next favorite book? Your friendly CLPL librarians are here for you! Submit this form and we’ll prepare a list of suggested titles.