Doing homework or just want to learn something new?
Use your Crystal Lake Public Library card to find good information, cool facts, or learn a new skill.
- HelpNow – Live, one-on-one homework help, test prep, tutoring and writing lab. Spanish language help available, too. Tutors available daily from 2-11 pm
- Mango Languages – Learn a foreign language
– Tutorial Apps: Android | iOS | Kindle
- NoveList K-8 Plus – Reading guide, fiction and nonfiction. For kids 0-8, 9-12, and teens by topic, genre, grade level, and Lexile score
- PebbleGo – (PreK – Grade 3) Browse topics by picture, categories and articles. Can be read aloud by computer.
Topics: animals (in English or Spanish), science, biographies, social studies, dinosaurs and health.
- PebbleGo Next – (Grades 3-6) The next step in research for students
Topics: States, science, American Indian history, social studies
- Scholastic GO! – (Grades 5 and under; Grades 5-8; Grades 8-12; Grades 11+)
Full text articles from seven Scholastic encyclopedias. Includes images, videos, websites, dictionary, GO Tube videos, world newspapers and atlases
- SIRS Researcher – (Middle and high school students) Articles exploring social, scientific, health, historic, economic, political and global issues. Each Pro/Con subtopic provides a brief overview, critical thinking questions, timeline and instructional research guide
- World Book Online – (Elementary and middle school students) Find interactive information to help with your next school assignment
– World Book Kids (Elementary school) – People, places, science, animals, history and more
– World Book Student (Middle-high school) – Geography, history, science, and current events