Learn and Explore from Home
Enjoy this collection of resources to help educate and entertain your family and students during social distancing.
- Harry Potter at Home – magical craft videos, fun articles, quizzes, puzzles and more
- Scholastic Learn at Home – day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing
- Read & Learn with Simon Kids – storytimes, sing-alongs, and other activity videos with authors
- Stories from Audible – free audiobooks for kids 0-18 (How to use stories)
- Learning Computer Science at Home While Schools are Closed – Code.org features a variety of activities for learning coding on computers and smartphones.
- Dav Pilkey at Home, creator of Captain Underpants and Dog Man shares how-to-draw demonstrations, read-alouds, and activities.
- Doodle with Mo Willems, creator of Elephant & Piggie and the Pigeon leads kids through drawing his characters, shares how books are made, and leads kids through other fun activities.
- Draw Every Day with JJK, author and illustrator shares drawing lessons each week day.
- Mars – explore the surface of Mars as recorded by NASA’s Curiosity rover
- Monterey Bay Aquarium – live and recorded animal cameras with daily narrated feedings
- The Nature Conservancy Virtual Field Trips – grades 5-8 can travel the world without leaving to explore rain forests, coral reefs, and more.
- San Diego Zoo – live animal cameras plus behind-the-scenes videos and stories
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History – self-guided, room-by-room tours of exhibits